- I think I would be a good teacher.I have a lot to offer future generations of learners and having been blessed with an upbringing where my mother was a teacher, maybe a little selfishly, I think it will make a big difference to the quality of life for our children down the track.
I have been working the last five years in roles that, while I have for the most part enjoyed, have not given me any real sense of satisfaction that I am contributing to the betterment of society. Yeah I probably am contributing to the economic development of this country, maybe I could even argue an amount of cultural and social value in what I have been doing. But I am not stretching myself enough intellectually and that is important to me. To become a good teacher, I will need to retrain, and then work at continuingly and progressively becoming better educated (Simpson, Jackson, & Aycock, c2005).
No comments:
Post a Comment