Friday, May 14, 1982

My First Day at School in KZ, Thirlmere Primary

I hope I am not going to regret this, but I turned 5 and it was just unfair not going to school. Maybe I should have taken mum and dads advice and just waited till next year so I could get a full year in but what would they know – I am their first kid so they haven’t done this before either.

Admittedly I did it a bit tough last week, but luckily dad stayed with me most days until little lunch when I could go and play with some new friends. That was definitely the hardest thing, all the rest of KZ started together in March and with me waiting until May, I am finding it tough to make friends. When I am a father, I think it is important to be involved in the life of my children as much as possible so whatever I do – I want to work school friendly hours.

Another thing that is hard is all the work we are doing. Maybe it is because I started late, maybe because I am smaller than everyone else (except Shelley) I don’t know yet, but my work is not as good as everyone else’s. Especially my painting which is weird because mum says I am borderline artistic. I think I am going to enjoy this though – I can’t believe how much I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment